Tuesday, January 21, 2014

I Said. I Say. I Know.

I cannot wait til I'm done with college, I said.
I will never work in education, I said. 
I will be a career, suit-wearing woman, I said. 
I will never work with students, I said. 
Soccer mom, yes; recess, no thanks, I said.
I will never teach, I said. 

Cannot, will not, never, no thanks. 
Can do, will do, always, yes please. 

Started college, been on a campus ever since, I say.
Higher education defines my life, I say.
A non-suit-wearing career is best, I say. 
Love working with students every day, I say. 
Soccer mom, not quite; recess and play days, please, I say. 
We all teach every day, I say. 

Can do, will do, always, yes please. 
Cannot, will not, never, no thanks. 

Not leaving campus life anytime soon, I know.
My education and learning will never end, I know. 
The importance of my career is not defined by garb, I know.
I will never be without 'students,' I know. 
Time will tell, I know.
He will not fail me and will guide me, I know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment