Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life's Roller Coaster Ride

Life has so many twists and turns, ups and downs. Life is a roller coaster ride. Part of life's ride is standing in line. Part of the ride is having your stomach in your throat. Another part of life's ride is screaming with joy. And, part of life is crying out in fear. Then, things slow down, you hit the plateau and you weave thru the line again for the thrill of another roller coaster ride of emotion. 

Good, bad or indifferent, some days I experience the whole ride in a day. And, some days the ride is a continous drop spiraling downward with no uplifting moments. Today's ride made me reconsider why I chose this roller coaster... the enviroment drains the joy out of the ride and lacks support to make the ride worth while. When any aspect of life's journey is devoid of love, compassion, caring, passion, and happiness, it is incredibly difficult to find the positives. Thank goodness for those people who do not comprehend the definition of a bad day. Those people that can make you laugh or put a smile on your face no matter what, even if they're just being honest. When you think you've hit the breaking point and you're plotting how to get the 'h' out of dodge to find a roller coaster in a far 'better' place, it's those positive people that pull you back to reality. They remind you that life is full of joys and happiness. They remind you that it's the positive people along the journey that makes everything worth while. There will always be negative people that interfere with your journey, but it's the positive people you choose to focus spending your time with that are the greater impact. You just have to make the choice to not let yourself be brought down. You may have to refocus and re-evaluate your perspective by counting your blessings and finding the positive in every day. 

Tonight, I've had to refocus. I've had to re-evaluate my perspective. I've had to count my blessings. I've had to find the positive in today. 
  • I started the day by helping someone who was having an incredible horrible morning. Hopefully one simple act of kindness that took a few extra minutes out of my day, helped them to have a positive day. Random acts of kindness help to make the world, the community we live in a better place. 
  • Although it may not be their 'job,' I am blessed with a co-worker that does not fail to provide positive reinforcement, say thank you, and be a positive influence. 
  • I have a positive support system that reminds me I need to let go, focus on that which I can control, and (try to) not stress about the other stuff. 
  • I am blessed to work with amazing people every day. I'm able to serve a diverse group of people that are all unique individuals and help them in reaching their goals and dreams. I'm kept on my toes everyday. There's at least one person every day with an amazing attitude about life that is able to make me smile or laugh... to bring joy to the ride. 
  • I have an amazing family that is ever growing. The newest addition will be tomorrow... a neice or nephew will join the clan. 
As the day comes to an end, I'm reminded that regardless of the ups and downs the ride on life's roller coaster is about experiences, life lessons and enjoying the ride. 
The bad makes the good better. And, the good makes the better best. Here's to aspiring for the best while living the good life on this crazy ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment