Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Commitment to Personal Enhancement

On a daily basis I stress the importance of personal enhancement of others in their holistic experience and overall development through both my words and actions. Reflection has made it apparent that I am not placing a priority on my own personal enhancement. To be an effective leader and educator, I believe it is important to 'practice what you preach.' Therefore, I am committed to face the obstacles and create a change. 

I am committed to focusing on my own personal enhancement. at least one hour, four days per week. It should be dynamic; therefore, each day may be different. As I attempt to succeed at this goal, I will devote time to stress management and refocusing, education and reading, reflection, and special personal projects. My greatest challenge in succeeding is prioritizing my time. The second greatest challenge is making myself a priority. 

As I have practiced recently, I will reevaluate and redirect the goal to ensure it is attainable, realistic and beneficial. For example, I made public my goal to complete the fitness test by the start of the season. I have come to the realization that for many reasons it's not realistic or attainable. I will not succeed. I have reevaluated and determined the most realistic option and best choice for attainability is to attempt completing the fitness test by the end of the soccer season/fall semester. 

In order to live the good life, I must always be making an effort to better myself. In bettering myself, I must be reevaluating how to improve different aspects of my life. As I travel down life's path, it is also essential that I am comfortable and confident in my ability to assess and reevaluate my goals, objectives, mission, etc. Knowing your limits and how to adjust to maximize success are powerful tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment