Monday, July 2, 2012

Roadmap to Happiness

In a constant search for happiness our life's GPS is constantly 'recalculating' with each unexpected turn and construction detour. The roadmap to my happiness seems to have an unknown destination with daily route changes, detours and speed bumps.
At some points I desperately want nothing more than vacation to go 'home' to find my happiness. Once I'm 'home,' I all too quickly realize and am reminded my definition and locale of 'home' has changed as I've journeyed down life's path.
My happiness ideals are clearly targeted on the roadmap I've idealized for myself. However, I am all too frequently coming to the realization that I'm trying to force a happiness that is not 'right' or is at least not meant to be right now.
Two things remain unchanged as I reflect and accept the altered and evolving definition of my happiness... serving others and unconditional love. Both have no 'clock in' and 'clock out' time. As I try to create the best roadmap to my happiness, I am continuously, critically evaluating what I have to share and what I have to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment