Thursday, December 15, 2011

Filling my heart and mind.

Feeling satisfied with my life. Reminders of my purpose. Affirmation that I am important and influential in others' lives. Realizing that caring for and loving others is unconditional. Confirmation that relationships are the most important part of my work; of my life. Proof that integration of all aspects of my life can allow me to lead a happy, fulfilling life; a good life. 

One simple, short visit from a former student-athlete left me with all the above filling my heart and mind. Her visit reminded me of why I approach my life's work the way that I do. Genuinely caring about the overall experience, success and happiness of those I work and the relationship I have with each of those individuals is not confined to office walls eight hours a day. A happy, successful life is defined by the overall experience, not just X's and O's or credits and GPA. This is why support must transcend many environments. 
"The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships." ~ Anthony Robbins
“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” ~ Aristotle 
"The value of a relationship is in direct proportion to the time that you invest in the relationship." ~ Brian Tracy 

No comments:

Post a Comment