Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Satisfying needs to live a good life.

Vital Needs.
Improving the quality of life by acknowledging and satisfying my seven primary vital needs. 
  • Need to give and do for others. Want to provide services to all those that are a part of my life -- in my personal life, in my work life and in my community. A majority of the time, I would prefer to focus attention on others and their needs, rather than my own wants and needs. 
  • Learning something new. Thrive on having my mind constantly stimulated by new information. I want to learn something new every day, whether it's academic, how to better support others, or personal development focused. 
  • Variety of experiences. Preference to be busy or occupied at all times. I love learning, trying and performing new and different tasks. Although I value structure, I like the structure to include a constant changing of surroundings, job descriptions, projects, and life experiences. 
  • Being with people. Being surrounded by people and having an abundance of relationships is vital to living a good life. The structure and nature of my relationships are vast, based on the variety of experiences I enjoy incorporating in daily life. The need for relationships also directly correlates with my need to provide support and service to others. Being highly involved with the workplace and in personal endeavors provides a large variety of experiences and countless relationships. 
  • Humor. A need to laugh. A need to find the lighter side of situations and discussions. A need to not be so serious in every moment of life. A need to find joy and happiness in conversations and experiences in life. 
  • Structured time. High need to have a schedule and routine. Unstructured time and activities are even built into the day's plans. Chronically check calendar/schedule and love to plan in advance. 
  • Job satisfaction. Satisfaction in the work place is determined by how many primary and secondary vital needs are met through a "job." Blessed to be in a "job" that allows me to fulfill all six of my other vital needs. Satisfied when I can serve and support others... the definition of my job! Satisfied when I learn something new... people, experiences and new information teach me every day. Satisfied when I have a variety of experiences... always something new or different to do daily. Satisfied when I am surrounded by people and am cultivating new or current relationships... blessed to interact with a variety of people. Satisfied when I have humor throughout the day... even on down days, someone gives me a reason to laugh each day, even if it's at myself. Satisfied when I have my time structured... multiple calendars on the computer and the phone. Satisfied when my job fulfills my other vital needs and my passion. 
Satisfied in living the good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment