Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Why I do what I do.

Today I was blessed. 
At the end of a very long day, I am nothing but thankful that today was overly busy and exhausting. Today was full of reminders of why I do what I do. I have a passion for my life's work that allows me to count my blessings every day. 

Today I was blessed to celebrate successes

Today I was blessed to provide support and guidance in overcoming struggles. 

Today I was blessed to be challenged to step outside my comfort zone. 

Today I was blessed to see service provide more in return than was given. 

Today I was blessed to see learning transcend the walls of a classroom. 

Today I was blessed to work with amazing people who taught me many lessons

Today I was blessed to have reminders that I am fortunate to have found life's work I am passionate about. 

Today I was blessed to be living the good life
“The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” ~ Mitch Albom
"Gratitude, like faith, is a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it grows, and the more power you have to use it on your behalf. If you do not practice gratefulness, its benefaction will go unnoticed, and your capacity to draw on its gifts will be diminished. To be grateful is to find blessings in everything. This is the most powerful attitude to adopt, for there are blessings in everything." ~ Alan Cohen

No comments:

Post a Comment