Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Balance

There is constant chatter about achieving and successfully managing what others perceive as a healthy work-life balance. 


The next month will be a true test of my balance. Tomorrow afternoon I'll head home for an 11 day vacation adventure -- packing in as much family, friend time as possible into each day. After returning to work, the tentative plan is two back-to-back long weekend trips to Montana to officially become godmother to my nephew and one of my best college friend's son at their respective baptisms. Since I am not able to visit Montana often I will, of course, try to visit a lot of people along the way on those road trips. The next month will be my attempt at balancing my family values -- through in-person visits -- with my work life. That personal time will be complete overload though -- maximize people time and minimize sleep time! 


Here goes my attempt at work-life balance! I'm sure it's not what others had in mind! :)

"If you neglect to recharge a battery, it dies. And if you run full speed ahead without stopping for water, you lose momentum to finish the race." ~Oprah 
"Balance is not better time management, but better boundary management.  Balance means making choices and enjoying those choices." ~Betsy Jacobson 
"The Gift of Balance in Your Life – May you find the balance of life, time for work but also time for play.  Too much of one thing ends up creating stress that no one needs in their life." ~Catherine Pulsifer 
"You will never find time for anything.  If you want time you must make it." ~Charles Buxton 
"Find your balance and stand with it. Find your song and sing it out. Find your cadence and let it appear like a dance. Find the questions that only you know how to ask and the answers that you are content to not know." ~Mary Anne Radmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment